Who Should The Named Insured Be?

Q: If I buy a house on contract for deed in my business name, should the insurance policy be in the business name or in my personal name?


A: The insurance policy should be in your business name.  However, I have run into problems getting the insurance agents to put the policy into the business name.  Some will and some won't.  If they won't, then you can put the policy in your personal name and have your business named as additionally insured.  If you are using an insurance broker, you will have a much easier time getting them to work with you.  On the other hand they are typically more expensive because you don't get your family/household discounts through your normal insurance agents.




Reprinted by Permission. RealEstatePromo.com does not give legal, tax, economic, or investment advice. Real Estate Promo disclaims all liability for the action or inaction taken or not taken as a result of communications from or to its members, officers, directors, employees and contractors. Each person should consult their own counsel, accountant and other advisors as to legal, tax, economic, investment, and related matters concerning Real Estate and other investments.  Copyright© 2003-2009 RealEstatePromo.com a Real Estate Investment Group. All rights reserved.






Back to The Metro Blog >

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Featured Posts

Are you a 5/7 person?

March 1, 2020

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Search By Tags